Are you a finance professional with a passion for the orderly flow of money and black ink instead of red? Want to see a direct impact of your involvement and call the shots to improve the bottom line? Maybe it’s time to join the Moroccon Garden team.
You’ll be keeping your mind on the money (and the money on your mind) and helping the team to identify important trends in cash flow. You’ll be completing a wide range of finance tasks, ranging from basic bookkeeping to building financial models. You’ll also have the opportunity to contribute to the happiness of your coworkers with additional HR duties and office administration.
- Complete all basic bookkeeping and tax filings
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Monitor office expenses and tally and enter cash receipts
- Pay vendor invoices, recognize billing discrepancies and discounts
- Track account balances
- Match purchase orders with invoices
- Balance accounts by reconciling entries
- Maintain monthly financial statements, including cash flow, profit and loss statements and balance sheet
- Prepare quarterly and monthly tax returns, along with payroll, operating and business taxes
- Maintains payroll operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes
- Updates payroll records by entering changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job title and department/division transfers
- A degree in finance, accounting, economics, or related field.
- 3 to 5 years of experience performing accounting and finance activity
- Elite Excel Expertise
- Experience with Quickbooks Online, G-suite, Netsuite, Shopify, Trello and Slack is a plus
- Extremely organized and process driven
These skills aren’t required, but are nice to have:
- Experience with an online retail environment
- A sense of humor
- Full-Time (40 hours per week)
- Work Location: Onsite – Downtown Austin, Monday – Friday, Austin, TX
About Moroccon Garden:
Moroccon Garden was founded in 2012 to unite the community of urban beardsmen and to inspire them to keep on growing. We are the leading provider of grooming products for the beard, and are expanding into a full line of men’s grooming products. As a young, growing company we are looking for individuals who are flexible, hungry, and passionate about doing something bigger than simply collecting a paycheck.
Are you ready to join Moroccon Garden?
Please send us your resume as well as a paragraph on how you are going to help take Moroccon Garden to the next level.
We will be requesting a positive reference from your prior employers. We are looking for candidates who are interested in a career and are willing to grow and learn; therefore, we have an extensive interview process.